Bulle Rock – Played April 2018
- Rankings: Golf Digest Public #78, Golf Magazine Public #41
- Location: 320 Blenheim Lane, Havre de Grace, Maryland
- Year: 1998
- Architect: Pete Dye
- Course Access: Public
- Walking Rules: Carts Available
Score Card Information:
- Black: 7,375 yards, Par 72, 76.6 Rating/148 Slope
- Gold: 6,907 yards, Par 72, 74.2 Rating/142 Slope
- Blue: 6,410 yards, Par 72, 72.0 Rating/138 Slope
- White: 6,055 yards, Par 72, 70.6 Rating/135 Slope
- Green: 5,507 yards, Par 72, 67.8 Rating/129 Slope
- Red: 5,320 yards, Par 72, 72.4 Rating/137 Slope
Every year when the calendar turns to January I am faced with the daunting prospect of tax season. It is an extremely busy time of the year that doesn’t leave much time for golf, let alone golf trips.
To satiate my hunger for golf travel during this time I usually spend some free time trying to plan out the upcoming year’s golf trips. Maryland was an area that had come up a few times as I have a good friend who lives there.
After looking at my map I knew I could hit Bulle Rock while I was in town. So on the weekend after tax day we packed up and headed out north to Maryland.
Bulle Rock is a Pete Dye design in the northern Maryland town of Havre de Grace. It is widely regarded as the best public course in Maryland (we’ll get to that claim throughout this piece). It has received accolades from Golf Digest, Golfweek, Zagat, Golf Styles, and Golf for Women. Continue reading “Bulle Rock”